Mayor refutes rumors of Almaty bidding to host 2026 Olympics
ASTANA. KAZINFORM Akim (mayor) of Almaty Bauyrzhan Baibek denied the rumors circulating on the Internet of Almaty bidding to host the 2026 Winter Olympic Games, Kazinform correspondent reports.
Speaking at the press conference today, Mr. Baibek said that despite having all the necessary infrastructure after successfully hosting the 2017 Winter Universiade, Almaty did not place a bid to host the 2026 Olympics.
It should be noted that the host city of the 25th Winter Olympic Games, which are scheduled to be held in early 2026 will be selected at the 134th IOC Session in July 2019 in Milan, Italy.
- Omicron variant not detected in Almaty – Health Ministry
- 4,529 sports facilities in Turkestan region to promote physical activities
- Epidemiological situation in Almaty city stabilized – mayor
- 257 COVID-19 patients treated at infectious facilities in Almaty
- 40 COVID-19 patients in intensive care units in Almaty city
- Over 2,600 people revaccinated against COVID-19 in Almaty rgn
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis