Mangistau rgn reels from huge thunderstorm and flooding
AKTAU. KAZINFORM – Mangistau region has suffered damage from major thunderstorm as seven months worth of rainfall fell on August 5-6, Kazinform cites Kazhydromet.
According to the Met Office, total precipitation at the meteorological station Fort-Shevchenko was 23 inches, while the monthly norm equals 7 inches.
On the night of August 6, Aktau city has been hit by heavy thunderstorm with 66 inches of rain fell in contrast with the monthly norm of 6 inches.
Mangistau region’s emergency department said 12 sites had been flooded in Aktau city, including five roads.
No casualties have been reported yet.
- Dust storm batters Mangistau region
- 2bn trees to be planted in Kazakhstan by 2025
- Kazakhstan to take measures for recovering endangered animal numbers
- Mangistau region to build a sturgeon farm
- KZT 126 bln for water supply and disposal projects in Mangistau region
- Mangistau rgn to build 4 mln sq m of housing
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis