Mangistau rgn reels from huge thunderstorm and flooding
AKTAU. KAZINFORM – Mangistau region has suffered damage from major thunderstorm as seven months worth of rainfall fell on August 5-6, Kazinform cites Kazhydromet.
According to the Met Office, total precipitation at the meteorological station Fort-Shevchenko was 23 inches, while the monthly norm equals 7 inches.
On the night of August 6, Aktau city has been hit by heavy thunderstorm with 66 inches of rain fell in contrast with the monthly norm of 6 inches.
Mangistau region’s emergency department said 12 sites had been flooded in Aktau city, including five roads.
No casualties have been reported yet.
- Mangistau rgn boasts 100% ambulance fleet renewal as it prepares for COVID-19 2nd wave
- Tokayev receives Board Chairman of Geography and Water Security Institute
- Kazakh PM holds meeting on health situation in Mangistau rgn
- Brazil has 3,299 animal and plant species under threat
- Mangistau rgn names new Deputy Governor
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis