Kazakhstani swimmer Balandin fails to advance to Tokyo Olympics semis
TOKYO. KAZINFORM – Kazakhstani swimmer Dmitriy Balandin failed to advance to the Men's 100m Breaststroke semifinal at the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games in Japan, Kazinform has learnt from the official website of the Games.
Balandin clocked the distance in 59.75 lagging behind many other swimmers competing in the event.
Andrius Sidlauskas of Lithuania and German Fabian Schwingenschlogl completed the distance in 59.46 and 59.49, respectively. Their qualifying time allowed them to top the semifinal standings.
Dmitriy Balandin will also compete in the Men’s 200m Breaststroke event on July 27 at the Tokyo Aquatics Centre. Recall that Balandin brought Kazakhstan gold in Men’s 200m Breaststroke at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Kazakh President receives Speaker of Majlisi Milli of Majlisi Oli of Republic of Tajikistan
- Kazakhstan and Russia continue searching for missing in WWII
- Monument honoring poet Rudaki unveiled in Kazakh capital
- 7 countries recognize Kazakhstan’s vaccine passport
- Kazakhstan and Tajikistan discuss interparliamentary coop
- Kazakhstani handball team to compete for bronze at Asian Women's Handball Championship
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis