Kazakhstani Putintseva stuns Lisicki in three sets in Charleston
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Kazakhstan's tennis player Yulia Putintseva eliminated 15th-seeded Sabine Lisicki of Germany at the Volvo Car Open 2016 in Charleston, U.S.
The final score was 7-5, 4-6, 6-3 in Putintseva's favor.
During the two-hour match Putintseva confidently beat the German in the first and third set, making no double faults and hitting 2 aces. Lisicki, on the contrary, made 9 double faults and served no aces.
It is worth mentioning that it was the first time the two met on court.
In the third-round Putintseva will face off with the third-seed Venus Williams.
- Kazakhstan’s Zhumagulov suffers KO loss to Manel Kape in UFC fight
- US President Joseph Biden congratulates Kazakhstan on 30th anniversary of independence
- Kazakh Head of State holds meeting with reps of int’l investment companies
- Kazakhstan’s gross agricultural output decreased
- Kazakhstan suspends flights to Egypt starting Dec 3
- Kazakhstan sweeps 8 medals at Asian Junior Judo Champs
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis