Kazakhstani mosques pay tribute to the victims of blasts in Zhambyl region
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM Today all the mosques of Kazakhstan recited the Khatam al-Quran for the victims of the blasts in the military unit in Baizak district in Zhambyl region, Kazinform reports.
The Khatam al-Quran is the recitation of the Holy Quran from the beginning to the end. Having recited the Quran the imams also prayed for the family members and close ones of those who died in the explosions and wished those injured sooner recovery.
As earlier reported, the fire broke out at a military unit in Zhambyl region on August 26 at 07:00 p.m. The blaze led to the explosions that entailed multiple victims and injuries at the scene.
According to the latest figures, 13 people died and 98 were injured. Search for 3 people more is underway.
The Ministers of Defence and Emergency Situations and the Defence Ministry’s commission are at the scene of the of the accident.
On August 27 the Head of State held a meeting on the blasts in Zhambyl region and charged to set up an interdepartmental state commission. The governmental commission for elimination of consequences of the fire and blasts that rocked on August 26 in the military unit will estimate damages.
Due to the tragic event in Baizak district of Zhambyl region which left multiple victims, the Head of State declared August 29 the National Mourning Day.
«The military and rescuers who died there demonstrated true heroism and commitment. They will be always remembered,» the Twitter account of the President reads.
The Emergency Situations Ministry launched hotlines: 33-32-89, 53-32-79.
Hotlines of the Emergency Situations Department: 8 (7262) 51-41-67, 51-37-75, +77788109109.
- Kazakh President lays flowers at Independence Monument of Turkmenistan
- Kazakh President visits People’s Memory memorial complex and Sanctity of the Homeland museum in Ashgabat
- Kazakh President awarded Bitaraplyk Order of Turkmenistan
- Kazakh, Turkmen Presidents hold talks in expanded format
- Pavlodar region experiencing an increase in COVID-10 incidence rate
- How many kids, expectant moms treated for COVID-19 in Atyrau
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis