Kazakhstani judoka Islam Bozbayev wins 1st bout at Olympics
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Islam Bozbayev of Kazakhstan was victorious in his first bout in the men’s 91kg event in judo at the Tokyo Olympic Games, Kazinform cites the official website of the Games.
Islam won his first bout the men’s 91kg judo event against Brazilian Rafael Macedo 10-0.
The Kazakhstani is to take on Mamadali Mekhdiyev of Azerbaijan in the next round.
Team Kazakhstan already has three bronze medals - one in judo and two in weightlifting - at the Tokyo Olympics.
XXXII Summer Olympics Games are set to be held in Tokyo from July 23 through August 8. Kazakhstan’s national team earned 98 licenses in 27 sports.
- 944 locals vaccinated against COVID-19 in 24 hr in Atyrau rgn
- Over 7.2 mln get COVID-19 vaccine 1st jab
- COVID-19 and pneumonia claim 74 more lives in 24 hr
- Zhambyl region moves to low COVID-19 risk ‘green zone’
- COVID-19-like pneumonia: 216 new cases, 15 fatalities
- 4,672 more recovered from COVID-19 last day
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis