Kazakhstan upset in 2021 Davis Cup quarterfinals
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Serbia defeated Team Kazakhstan 2-1 to propel to the 2021 Davis Cup semifinals in Madrid, Kazinform has learnt from Sports.kz.
At the beginning of the quarterfinals in Madrid, the 33-year-old Mikhail Kukushkin gave Kazakhstan a 1-0 lead by routing Serbian Miomir Kecmanovic, 22, in three sets 7-6, 2-6, 6-3.
Then, world number one Novak Djokovic tied the score against the Kazakh squad by stunning Alexander Bublik in straight sets 3-6, 4-6 in their respective rubber.
Serbian duo Novak Djokovic and Nikola Cacic won the decisive doubles rubber against Aleksandr Nedovyesov and Andrey Golubev 6-2, 2-6, 6-3.
The Serbian side will face Croatia in the 2021 Davis Cup semifinals tomorrow.
- Kazakhstan remains constantly open to multifaceted cooperation with international community – Kazakh President
- Kazakhstan cyclist 2nd in race in UAE
- Kazakh President to join 'Central Asia – PRC' Summit on Jan 25
- Volunteering strengthens in Kazakhstan after tragic events in January
- Maulen Ashimbayev chairs Senate Bureau meeting
- Checkpoints remain in place in some regions of Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis