Kazakhstan to launch satellites on Elon Musk’s rocket
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Kazakhstan plans to launch two satellites on Falcon 9 rocket launch vehicle in California, Kazinform correspondent cites Marat Nurgozhin, Kazakh Deputy Minister of the Defense and Aerospace Industry.
"Over 150 engineers completed internships at factories in Europe, the UK, and Russia. They are working here in Kazakhstan, and we have created our third space system of scientific and technological importance. If all goes well, we will launch two satellites on a Falcon 9 launch vehicle in California on November 19. Alongside this, we will test all the developments of our engineers and designers in space," Marat Nurgorzhin said at the Digital Bridge International Innovation Forum in Astana.
He underlined that space science in Kazakhstan does not rest on its laurels. "Our institutes are developing a fairly large number of high-profile devices making it possible for us to use space technologies on earth, both satellite communications and satellite navigation. I would like to point out that this year we are completing the construction of the assembly and testing complex for spacecraft up to 6 tons. Last year, we introduced a special engineering office," said the deputy minister.
It should be mentioned that Falcon 9 is a two-stage-to-orbit medium lift launch vehicle designed and manufactured in the U.S. by SpaceX (founded by Elon Musk to reduce space transportation costs and enable the colonization of Mars).
- NASA explorer touches down on asteroid Bennu for sample collection
- Elderly more affected by COVID-19 due to high cell protein content — scientist
- Turkey, Kazakhstan ink deal on space sector cooperation
- Soyuz manned spacecraft docks to space station, setting record by speed of flight
- ISS-bound Soyuz MS-17 spacecraft lifts off from Baikonur Cosmodrome
- Nobel Prize in economics awarded to Milgrom, Wilson
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis