Kazakhstan to end 'mobile slavery' from Jan 1, 2016
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Kazakhstan will end so-called "mobile slavery" by introducing from January 1, 2016 mobile number portability service.
The corresponding rule is laid down in the draft law "On amendments to some legislative acts of Kazakhstan on information system development" which has been approved by the Majilis.
As reported the press service of the Ministry for Investments and Development, mobile number portability service will allow Kazakhstanis to change operator while keeping their mobile-phone number.
It is expected that this will strengthen competitiveness of mobile operators and reduce costs of mobile communication services.
- Kazakhstani, Belgian MPs keen to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- Kazakh Majilis establishes new Journalism Award nomination
- Kazakhstani MP Taras Khituov passes away
- Kazakhstan, Poland to strengthen interparliamentary dialogue
- Majilis names new chairman of Legislation, Legal and Judicial Reform Committee
- New members of Accounts Committee appointed by Majilis
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis