Kazakhstan to develop national plan to protect population amid COVID-19 pandemic
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM - President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has called on the Government to be prepared for the long-standing COVID-19 pandemic, Kazinform reports.
The President urged to elaborate a national plan to protect the health and lives of Kazakhstanis in the medium term at a videoconference meeting with the Government members, high officials, mayors of the cities and governors of the regions.
Having pointed out the dangerous nature of the virus, the President warned the population not to succumb to panic, to refrain from unlawful activities, and not to breach sanitary regime. The President said all efforts being taken are aimed at protecting the main asset of the country which is the lives and health of the population of Kazakhstan.
Attending the meeting were Healthcare Minister Alexey Tsoi, Mayor of Nur-Sultan city Altai Kulginov, Mayor of Almaty city Bakytzhan Sagintayev, Mayor of Shymkent city Murat Aitenov, Governor of East Kazakhstan region Daniyal Akhmetov, and many others.
- N Kazakhstan sees more hospital beds for COVID-19 patients
- Kazakh Government, governors take urgent measures to overcome challenging situation
- President Tokayev honors the memory of coronavirus pandemic victims
- Health Ministry conducts more than 50,000 additional COVID-19 tests, announces 401 new cases, 492 recoveries, two deaths
- Turkey to send humanitarian assistance to Kazakhstan
- SCO Headquarters flying flags at half-mast to honor coronavirus victims in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis