Kazakhstan suggests adopting joint program on multimodal transportation with Russia
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev suggested Russia adopting a joint program of the development of multimodal transportation, Kazinform correspondent reports.
While addressing the 17th Cross-Border Cooperation Forum in Kokshetau, President Tokayev said that port capacities of Kazakhstan and Russia have a huge potential, adding that today key exporters are looking for alternatives to the traditional routes. According to President Tokayev, creation of a multimodal trans-Caspian route through the sea ports of Kazakhstan and Russia is relevant.
The Head of State believes that Kazakhstan and Russia can jointly provide a network of alternative transit routes allowing to link the exporters with the transport hubs in Europe and other regions. In this light, the regular contacts between transport authorities of Kazakhstan and Russia are gaining momentum.
Saying that, President Tokayev suggested Russia adopting a joint program of the development of multimodal transportation.
Earlier it was reported that 17th Cross-Border Cooperation Forum had started its work in Kokshetau in virtual format.
- President Tokayev presents Tauelsizdik urpaktary grants to talented youth
- Talented youth strengthens belief in Kazakhstan’s future – Head of State
- President’s Youth Personnel Reserve provides young professionals a chance to prove themselves in public administration – Head of State
- All-round support of youth one of priorities of Kazakhstan’s state policy – President
- Ceremony of awarding Tauelsizdik urpaktary grant kicks off
- PM reports to President Tokayev on 2021 population census results
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis