Kazakhstan shuts down a number of COVID-19 facilities
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Minister of Healthcare Alexei Tsoi announced the number of coronavirus cases had decreased in the past month, Kazinform correspondent reports.
While addressing the Government session on Tuesday, Minister Tsoi said the number of COVID-19 cases had decreased by 3.6fold in the past month.
«The number of COVID-19 patients has dropped by 2.4fold from over 25,000 reported on August 27 to 10,500 on September 27. The number of COVID-19 patients treated at home has respectively decreased from 89,000 to 51,000,» he noted.
In his words, since August 23 the number of COVID-19 recoveries has been exceeding the number of fresh infections. That proves the epidemiological situation in the country has begun to stabilize.
Minister Tsoi also revealed that 57 infectious facilities for COVID-19 patients had been shut down across the country since August 1.
Earlier it was reported that COVID-19 incidence rate had decreased by 36% in Kazakhstan.
- Tokayev arrives in Ashgabat for state visit
- UK records another 44,985 new coronavirus cases
- St. Petersburg goes into lockdown, closing restaurants, malls, public places Oct 30-Nov 7
- New virus cases below 1,500 amid progress in vaccination campaign in S. Korea
- Malaysia reports 5,828 new COVID-19 infections, 42 more deaths
- Over 115.16M coronavirus vaccine shots given in Turkey to date
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis