Kazakhstan sends nearly 40 tons of humanitarian aid to India
NEW DELHI. KAZINFORM - In accordance with instructions from President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and guided by the principles of strategic partnership between the two states, the Government of Kazakhstan has provided humanitarian assistance to India during this serious epidemiological situation of COVID-19, Kazinform cites the press service of the Kazakh Foreign Ministry.
The first of the two Kazakh aircrafts with its cargo landed at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi in the morning on May 14, 2021, with the second one expected to arrive several hours later.
This humanitarian aid weighing around 40 tons includes medical masks, respirators, protective suits and portable artificial lung ventilation devices produced in Kazakhstan. This aid was officially handed over at the airport by Ambassador of Kazakhstan to India Nurlan Zhalgasbayev and to Director of the Eurasian Department of the Ministry of External Affairs of India Bandaru Wilsonbabu.
On 4 May, President Tokayev addressed a telegram to Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, expressing «deep solidarity with the Indian nation over the devastating COVID-19 surge in this country», and on May 7, instructed the Government of Kazakhstan to provide and despatch the necessary assistance to the Indian authorities.
It should be noted that in 2020, India had sent hydroxychloroquine tablets to help Kazakhstan fight the pandemic.
- 430 test positive for COVID-19 in Atyrau region in 24h
- 25,000 doses of Kazakhstan’s vaccine against COVID-19 ‘QazVac’ delivered to Kyrgyzstan
- Tokyo Olympics: Lutsenko leaves Individual Time Trial empty-handed
- Japan’s daily COVID-19 cases top 8,000 for 1st time
- Kazakhstan’s Rybakina marches into Tokyo Olympics semifinal
- Morocco extends state of health emergency for another month
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis