Kazakhstan’s stability associated with Nursultan Nazarbayev’s leadership, says Tony Blair
ALMATY. KAZINFORM – Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair believes that Kazakhstan’s success and stability are associated with the leadership of Nursultan Nazarbayev, Kazinform reports.
While addressing the International conference «Nursultan Nazarbayev: Politician of the global scale», ex-British PM reminded that after the collapse of the Soviet Union in early 1990s few believed that Kazakhstan can become the country it is right now and its success and stability are associated with the leadership of Nursultan Nazarbayev.
According to Blair, Nursultan Nazarbayev did three things thanks to which Kazakhstan can look into the future with confidence. Firstly, Nursultan Nazarbayev abolished Kazakhstan’s nuclear arsenal. Secondly, as a predominantly Muslim country Kazakhstan is the beacon of inter-ethnic tolerance. Thirdly, despite its geographic location between two global giants –China and Russia – Kazakhstan remains a reliable ally of the West.
- New deputies to give Majilis new impulse – Nursultan Nazarbayev
- Elbasy nominates Nigmatulin to lead Nur Otan Party’s parliamentary group
- Nursultan Nazarbayev receives Kazakh Foreign Minister
- Elbasy votes in People’s Assembly election to Lower Chamber
- Nursultan Nazarbayev hails Nur Otan Party’s landslide win
- Nazarbayev arrives in Nur Otan Party republican campaign headquarters
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis