Kazakhstan’s Shvedova and Golubev lose in Mixed Doubles event at Tokyo Olympics
TOKYO. KAZINFORM – Tennis players Yaroslava Shvedova and Andrey Golubev of Kazakhstan were eliminated in the Mixed Doubles First Round event at the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games, Kazinform has learnt from the official website of the Tokyo Olympics.
The Kazakhstani duo was routed by hosts - Japanese tandem Ena Shibahara and Ben McLachlan in the opening match 3-6, 6-7.
During the opening match of the Mixed Doubles event, the Kazakh side fired two aces and made one double fault, whereas the Japanese hit three aces and made four double faults.
Recall that Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan reached the Women’s Singles semifinals where she will clash with Swiss Belinda Bencic for a chance to play in the Tokyo Olympics final.
Earlier Kazakhstanis Alexander Bublik, Zarina Diyas, Yulia Putintseva, Yaroslava Shvedova and Mikhail Kukushkin all left Tokyo Olympics singles matches empty-handed.
Andrey Golubev together with Alexander Bublik were eliminated in the Men’s Doubles First Round by French Jeremy Chardy and Gael Monfils.
- Denis Yevseyev reaches final of Astana Open ATP 250 qualification
- Kazakh scientists work on remedy against Alzheimer and Parkinson’s Diseases
- Kazakhstan’s Rybakina climbs in latest WTA singles ranking
- Alexander Bublik retains his spot in ATP’s top-40
- Kazakhstani Gerassimenko wins 2021 ITTF Kazakhstan International Open gold
- Kazakh duo wins 2021 ITTF Kazakhstan International Open gold
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis