Kazakhstan’s Rybakina and Putintseva may clash in Rome
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – World number 18 Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan has reached the third round of the Internazionali BNL d’Italia in Rome, Italy, Kazinform has learnt from Sports.kz.
In the second-round match Rybakina seeded 10th at the tournament routed Czech Marie Bouzkova in straight sets 7-5, 7-6(3).
The match lasted for 2h 27 minutes. This was the first encounter for both tennis players.
In the third round the 21-year-old Rybakina may face another representative of Kazakhstan Yulia Putintseva if the latter beats Croatian Petra Martic in their second-round match scheduled for today.
It should be mentioned that the Italian clay tournament has a prize fund of over $2million.
- Snow to fall in northern parts of Kazakhstan
- Health ministry issues update on COVID-19 patients
- COVID-19-like pneumonia affects 62 more, killing 1 in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan’s population up 1.3 pct
- Lopez finishes 6th in Tour de France Stage 21 final classifications
- Olympics: Tokyo Games athletes to be exempted from virus entry bans
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis