Kazakhstan’s Putintseva triumphs over Flipkens in Paris
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Yulia Putintseva of Kazakhstan has propelled into the second round of the 2020 Roland Garros in Paris, Kazinform has learnt from the National Olympic Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In the first-round match Putintseva seeded 23rd at the this year’s French Open devastated Belgian Kirsten Flipkens in straight sets 6-1, 6-2 in 1 hour and 9 minutes.
Next the Kazakhstan will face qualifier from Argentine Nadia Podoroska.
14th-seed of the tournament Elena Rybakina and Zarina Diyas of Kazakhstan are also set to have their opening matches at the tournament.
- Astana’s Izagirre 13th in Vuelta a España Stage 1
- New Deputy Chairmen of Agency for Competition Protection and Development named
- Head of State urges Kazakhstanis to vote in 2021 Majilis election
- Elections to Majilis: Kazakh President on rights of parliamentary opposition
- Kazakhstan reduces number of flights to foreign countries
- ANSA: Giro hit by another COVID case as Gaviria tests positive
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis