Kazakhstan’s population up 1.3 pct
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Kazakhstan’s population has increased to 18 million 767 thousand people by August 1, 2020, including 11 million 049 thousand city dwellers, amounting for 58.9% of the total population and 7 million 718 thousand rural dwellers (41.5%), Kazinform cites the official site of the Statistics Committee.
The population has grown by 1.3% or 238.6 thousand people compared to August 1, 2019.
Considerable rises in population have been reported in the three major cities of the country: Almaty city (by 64.2 thousand people), Nur-Sultan city (by 52 thousand), and the city of Shymkent (by 30.6 thousand).
- Kazakhstan: COVID-19 PCR tests mandatory for all inbound passengers from Oct 26
- Kazakhstan falls in updated FIFA ranking
- Upcoming parliamentary election is important in building solid democratic institutions – President
- ATP 250 Astana Open to kick off in Nur-Sultan on Oct 25
- President calls on increasing women’s share in senior positions up to 30%
- Kazakh President instructs to introduce child wellbeing index
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis