Kazakhstan’s Popko wins in 2020 Roland Garros qualification
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Kazakhstan’s Dmitriy Popko has won in the first round of the qualification at the 2020 Roland Garros in Paris, Kazinform has learnt from the National Olympic Committee of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
In the first match of the qualifying round the 23-year-old Popko routed Argentinian Andrea Collarini in straight sets 6-2, 6-1. The match lasted for a little over an hour.
Both tennis players hit two aces apiece, however, Collarini made three double faults whereas Popko made no double faults.
In the next round of the qualification Popko will face German Oscar Otte.
- Astana’s riders spend active day in Vuelta a España Stage 2
- Kazakhstan: COVID-19 PCR tests mandatory for all inbound passengers from Oct 26
- Kazakhstan falls in updated FIFA ranking
- Upcoming parliamentary election is important in building solid democratic institutions – President
- ATP 250 Astana Open to kick off in Nur-Sultan on Oct 25
- President calls on increasing women’s share in senior positions up to 30%
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis