Kazakhstan’s Kukushkin defeats Paire, strolls into Astana Open quarterfinals
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Mikhail Kukushkin of Kazakhstan sensationally beat top-seed Benoit Paire of France in the second round of the Astana Open in the Kazakh capital on Thursday, Kazinform has learnt from the Kazakhstan Tennis Federation.
The 32-year-old Kazakhstani needed a little bit over two hours to eliminate Paire in a three-set match 6-7, 7-6, 6-1.
Kukushkin will next face Finnish qualifier Emil Ruusuvuori who routed Aussie Jordan Thompson.
The Astana Open is Kazakhstan’s First ATP Tour 250 event with the prize fund of over $250,000.
- ‘Saiga’ campaign kicks off in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan sends humanitarian cargo to Kyrgyzstan
- COVID-19-like pneumonia claims 2 more lives
- 474 recovered from COVID-19 in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan detects 820 new coronavirus cases in 24 hrs
- Kazakh champion Lutsenko stays with Astana – Premier Tech for another season
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis