Kazakhstan’s Gerlits comes in sixth in biathlon event at Paralympics
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Member of the Kazakh National Team Alexandr Gerlits finished sixth in the men's 12.5-kilometre standing biathlon at the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Games in the Republic of Korea, Kazinform has learned from SPORTINFORM.
France's Benjamin Daviet won gold, while Ihor Reptyukh of Ukraine and Mark Arendz of Canada earned silver and bronze medals, respectively.
As for the biathlon sitting competition, our compatriot Sergey Ussoltsev finished 11th.
Earlier Kazinform reported that Alexandr Gerlits made history in PyeongChang as the best male para skier from Kazakhstan. Only one Kazakhstani para skier Lyubov Vorobyeva managed to clinch silver at the Winter Paralympic Games in Lillehammer back in 1994.
- President instructs to establish domestic entrepreneurs’ council under Kazakh Government
- Number of COVID-19 cases at Tengiz oilfield reaches 500
- COVID-19: Pavlodar region sets new record for 3rd straight day
- Head of State vows to continue political transformation of Kazakhstan’s society
- President calls on business community to start joint work on building new economic policy
- Almaty region reports over 460 fresh COVID-19 cases in 24h
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis