Kazakhstan’s Bublik sensationally defeats Gael Monfils in Paris
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – World number 49 Alexander Bublik of Kazakhstan upset French 8th-seeded Gael Monfils in a first-round encounter at the 2020 Roland Garros in Paris, Kazinform reports.
One of the most entertaining first-round matches lasted for 2 hours and 35 minutes. Bublik routed Monfils in four sets 6-4, 7-5, 3-6, 6-3.
During the match, Monfils fired five aces and made 12 double faults, whereas Bublik hit six aces and committed only six double faults. It is worth mentioned that Bublik took a crucial break in the 8th game after the French made an unforced error.
Next Bublik will face Italian world number 46 Lorenzo Sonego.
- Juventus star Ronaldo recovers from coronavirus
- Kazakhstani boxer Sharipova claims 12th professional win
- Preliminary Figure Staking Championship of Kazakhstan to take place this year
- President Tokayev receives Kyrgyz Foreign Minister Ruslan Kazakbayev
- Kazakhstan launches Reading School project
- Kazakh Ecology Minister invites Romanian companies to cooperate in domestic waste processing sphere
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis