Kazakhstan’s 9 areas in ‘red zone’ for coronavirus
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – According to the epidemiological situation, nine areas are in the high-risk COVID-19 «red zone» in Kazakhstan, Kazinform correspondent reports.
Addressing a government session, Kazakh Health Minister Alexei Tsoi said that the country ranks 107th in terms of COVID-19 cases and 108th in terms of COVID-19 deaths in the world.
Nationwide, nine areas, including Nur-Sultan, Almaty, Shymkent cities, Akmola, West Kazakhstan, Karaganda, Kyzylorda, Zhambyl, and Pavlodar regions are in the high-risk COVID-19 «red zone», with the latter two moving into the «red zone» last week.
Aktobe, Atyrau, East Kazakhstan, Almaty, and Mangistau regions are placed in the medium-risk COVID-19 zone. Kostanay, Turkestan, and North Kazakhstan regions are in the «green zone» for coronavirus.
In the minister’s words, a total of 330,071 patients have tested positive for COVID-19 and 52,093 patients have had a high probability of COVID-19, but negative PCR tests in the country as of May 4.
- COVID-19 cases surge in Asia-Pacific as Indonesia reports highest daily spike in over 3 months
- COVID-19 pandemic affected over 60 million domestic workers in informal economy: ILO
- Plant producing homegrown QazVac vaccine to be launched this summer
- Mongolia, Hungary and Thailand recognize Kazakhstani vaccination passport
- India’s COVID-19 variant not detected in Kazakhstan – Healthcare Minister
- Deaths in US from COVID-19 hit 600,000: Johns Hopkins
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis