Kazakhstan pockets 72 medals at WNG to finish second in medal count
CHOLPON-ATA. KAZINFORM The III World Nomad Games came to an end on September 8 in Cholpon-Ata, Kyrgyzstan, Kazinform reports.
Kazakhstan team stands second in the medal count picking 18 gold, 24 silver and 30 bronze medals at large. Kyrgyzstan takes the lead with 40 golden, 32 silver and 31 bronze medals. The Russian team wraps up the top three winning 17 gold, 24 silver and 27 bronze.
As earlier reported, the III World Nomad Games held on September 2-8 in Cholpon-Ata brought together more than 3,000 sportsmen from 80 states of the world. They competed in 37 ethnic sports.
Kazakhstan was represented by 134 athletes to compete in 25 sports.
The IV World Nomad Games will be held in Turkey in 2020.
- Kazakhstan assumes chairmanship of Advisory Council for Labour, Migration and Social Protection
- Kazakhstan to set up Institute for Study of Ulus of Jochi
- Foreign officials and Kazakhstani students held debates on climate change ahead of COP26 conference
- Nur-Sultan hosts ‘To the Society of Universal Labor’ forum
- Kazakhstan’s Musin 10th in 100m butterfly event at FINA Swimming World Cup 2021 in Kazan
- Head of State receives Eurasian Development Bank Chairman of the Board
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis