Kazakhstan elaborates single-industry town development program
ASTANA. March 12. KAZINFORM "Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Kazakhstan jointly with JSC Economic Research Institute develop a program on the development of single-industry towns," head of the department for regional policy and inter-budget relations of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Kazakhstan Dauren Zhambaibek said in an interview for Pm.kz site.
"We are working on a program on the development of single-industry towns jointly with the Economic Research Institute," D. Zhambaibek said.
Besides, he noted that around 1.5 mln people live in single-industry towns in Kazakhstan which makes 16% of the population of the country.
According to the information, this program will have three directions. The first one is aimed at ensuring the optimal structure of employment of the population through diversification of single-industry towns and development of small and medium business. Besides, the single-industry towns with high, medium and low economic potential will be determined.
"The second one aims at supporting and developing social and utilities infrastructure of single-industry towns. The third direction will be oriented at distribution of the labor potential of single-industry towns through increasing labor mobility in the growth places," D. Zhambaibek emphasized.
Besides, he noted that it was planned to make amendments to the current Regional Development Program.
- Kazakhstan reports rise in international reserves
- Kazakhstan channels above KZT 191 bln to fight against COVID-19
- Kazakh PM's press service denies reports he has coronavirus
- S. Korean assembly approves 3rd virus response extra budget worth 35.1 tln won
- Ecology Minister arrives in Tashkent to discuss water-related matters
- ANSA: Italian firms' turnover to drop 7% in 2020 - BoI
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis