Kazakhstan celebrates Independence Day Dec 16
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM Today, December 16, Kazakhstan celebrates its Independence Day.
28 years ago Kazakhstan became a sovereign state. On December 16, 1991, the Supreme Council adopted the law on the state independence of Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan marks its key national holiday on December 16-17. On the eve of Independence Day, Kazakhstan traditionally inaugurates new social facilities. All the cities hold solemn meetings.
Notably, the Head of State awarded politicians, scientists, sportsmen, mass media representatives state prizes.
Above 120 countries officially recognized and established diplomatic relations with Kazakhstan.
Today Kazakhstan is a full-fledged and active member of the UN, strengthens relations with the most influential international organizations such as the EU, EBRD, IMF, Red Cross, UNICEF and UNESCO.
Kazakhstan joined more than 40 multilateral and 700 bilateral agreements and treaties.
On December 16 the country is set to see various events and celebratory activities.
- Mortality due to pneumonia increased 1.9-fold
- 2 Kazakh TV channels to broadcast UEFA Champions League matches
- How many healthcare workers got infected with COVID-19 in Kazakhstan
- Health ministry outlines plan for easing of quarantine measures
- Health Minister highlights necessity of mask wearing rule amid current COVID-19 situation
- President expresses condolences over Saltanat Rakhimbekova’s passing
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis