Kazakhstan and Ukraine debate investment cooperation issues
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM On July 2 Kazakh Ambassador to Ukraine Darkhan Kaletayev met with Prime Minister of Ukraine Denis Shmygal, the Embassy’s Telegram Channel reads.
The sides noted significant potential for boosting trade cooperation between the two nations. They coordinated global approaches for realization of some promising joint investment projects, as well as Kazakhstani companies’ participation in large-scale privatization in Ukraine.
According to the National Bank of Kazakhstan, the gross volume of Kazakhstan’s direct investments into Ukraine for the past ten years rose to KZT 278.9 mln, Ukrainian investments made KZT 264.9 mln.
The sides also debated transport and communications cooperation issues. Kaletayev expressed interest in delivering Kazakhstan-made electric locomotives and engines to Ukraine, participation of Kazakhstan’s companies in construction of roads, etc. Preliminary talks on the said projects are underway.
The parties also stressed the need to give an impetus to the development of Trans-Caspian international transport route.
- Kazakhstan coronavirus death toll rises to 1,058
- ‘I felt lucky to have this rare glimpse into a place that few have ever seen from above’, NatGeo photographer about Mangistau basin
- Kazakhstani schoolchildren win gold, silver medals at Cyberspace Mathematical Competition
- Mortality due to pneumonia increased 1.9-fold
- 2 Kazakh TV channels to broadcast UEFA Champions League matches
- How many healthcare workers got infected with COVID-19 in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis