Kazakhstan 55th in Tokyo Olympics medal tally
TOKYO. KAZINFORM – Kazakhstan is ranked 55th in the overall medal standing at the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games in Japan, Kazinform has learnt from the official website of the Games.
With three bronze medals Kazakhstan sits between Ukraine (54th) which has pocketed 4 bronze medals and Egypt (56th) which clinched 2 bronze medals in the medal tally.
Recall that Kazakhstani weightlifter Zulfiya Chinshanlo hauled bronze in Women’s 55kg weight class on July 26. Weightlifter Igor Son and judoka Yeldos Smetov won their bronze medals for Kazakhstan on July 25 and 24, accordingly.
China elbowed aside all other countries to top the overall medal tally with 31 medals, including 15 gold, 7 silver and 9 bronze medals. Coming in second is the hosting country Japan with 15 gold, 4 silver and 6 bronze medals. The U.S. is ranked third with 14 gold, 14 silver and 10 bronze medals. Russia and Australia are 4th and 5th of the Tokyo Olympics medal standing, accordingly.
- Dialogue platform on human dimension under Kazakh MFA discusses ensuring human rights
- Kazakh President receives Speaker of Majlisi Milli of Majlisi Oli of Republic of Tajikistan
- Kazakhstan and Russia continue searching for missing in WWII
- Monument honoring poet Rudaki unveiled in Kazakh capital
- 7 countries recognize Kazakhstan’s vaccine passport
- Kazakhstan and Tajikistan discuss interparliamentary coop
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis