Kazakh tennis players upset at the start of 2016 Tianjin Open
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Yaroslava Shvedova and Yulia Putintseva of Kazakhstan crashed out of the opening round of the 2016 Tianjin Open in China with the prize fund of almost $500,000, Kazinform has learnt from Sports.kz.
World №32 Shvedova was stunned by Japanese Naomi Osaka in straight sets 4-6, 2-6. Osaka needed only 56 minutes to defeat Shvedova who is ranked 62 spots higher in the WTA rankings.
As for Putintseva, she was edged out by Chinese Yafan Wang in a three-set match 6-3, 3-6, 4-6. The opponents spent over two hours on court.
- Nurkanat Azhikanov wins Kazakhstan’s third Olympic license in karate
- 70 new COVID-like pneumonia cases added in Kazakhstan in 24 hrs
- Astana’s Rodriguez 3rd in queen stage of La Route d’Occitanie
- 528 COVID-19 patients in critical condition in Kazakhstan
- Kazakh-Ukrainian duo clinches ATP Challenger doubles title in Slovakia
- COVID-19: 12 regions of Kazakhstan in ‘green zone’
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis