Kazakh tennis player Shvedova out of Qatar Total Open
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Kazakhstan's tennis player Yaroslava Shvedova was eliminated in the first round of the 2016 Qatar Total Open in Doha on Monday, Kazinform has learnt from Sports.kz.
World №60 Nao Hibino from Japan routed the 28-year-old Kazakhstani in a three-set opening match 6-3, 6-7, 6-3. The Japanese is ranked nine spots higher than Shvedova in the updated WTA rankings.
Hibino, 21, will play against world №5 Garbine Muguruza of Spain in the second round.
The prize find of the tournament exceeds $2.5 million.
- COVID-19: 6 regions of Kazakhstan in ‘yellow zone’
- Kazakhstan ready to join WTO Initiatives in preparation for 12th Ministerial Conference
- Above 2.9 mln Kazakhstanis administered COVID-19 vaccine 1st dose
- More than 22,000 treated for COVID-19 in Kazakhstan
- 876 more beat coronavirus in Kazakhstan last day
- Kazakhstan’s COVID-19 caseload climbs to 413,267
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis