Kazakh schoolchildren 6th at Junior Mathematical Olympiad in Romania
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - The 20th Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad (JMBO) was held in the city of Slatina, in Romania from June 24-29, 2016, Kazinform has learnt from the education department of Astana city.
Schoolchildren from 21 countries, including Kazakhstan, took part in the intellectual contest. Team Kazakhstan was ranked 6th in the overall medal standing.
Romania won the 1st place. Coming in 2nd was Turkey. Serbian schoolchildren rounded out the top 3.
Two schoolchildren from Astana and Almaty claimed silver, three more (two from Almaty and one from Taraz) won bronze.
- Kazakhstani Popko advances into 2nd round of ATP Tour Challenger event in Brazil
- Trade between Kazakhstan and EAEU rises by 33%
- Number of foreign workers totals around 16 thou in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan to build 24 new landfill sites
- #STEAMUPKZ: Challenge for Schoolchildren and Students
- Kazakh PM instructs to step up efforts in greenhouse gas reduction
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis