Kazakh Government keeps mum on improvement of roads quality
ASTANA. November 5. KAZINFORM The Kazakh Government has not put forward any specific proposals on the improvement of roads' quality, MP Meruert Kazbekova said at the Tuesday meeting of the Majilis (Lower Chamber of the Kazakh Parliament).
"Perhaps it is no surprise one of the main reasons behind all road accidents in the country is poor quality of motorways. President Nazarbayev harshly criticized the Government, especially the Ministry of Transport and Communications, on October 11 for low quality of roads and not using up-to-date technologies in the road construction. One month has passed, and the Government is still silent: no conclusions have been made, no specific proposals have been put forward. At the end of the day, it is people's safety on the roads that is in danger," Ms. Kazbekova noted.
As reported earlier, on October 11 at the extended session of the Government President Nursultan Nazarbayev criticized the condition of motorways in the country and instructed the Ministry of Transport and Communications to assume measures in order to improve the situation.
- Thousands may lose jobs in Kazakhstan in case of 2nd wave of COVID-19 – Labor Minister
- Vice Minister of Healthcare of Kazakhstan relieved of her duties
- Agriculture minister praises quality of newly harvested wheat grain
- Government to support new projects in agro-industrial sector – PM
- Kazakh Energy Minister addresses IAEA General Conference
- Kazakh PM held talks with President of Turkmenistan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis