Kazakh doctor to perform unique children’s microtia surgery to restore hearing
ALMATY. KAZINFORM Doctor of Aksai republican children’s clinical hospital of the Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University Nariman Satylganov will make a unique microtia surgery to restore children’s hearing.
As the doctor said there are lots of children with microtia in Kazakhstan. The surgery will last for 6 hours. It will be a reconstructive operation, the doctor will create an external ear.
Microtia is a condition in which a child is born with an ear or ears deformed or absent. Kazakhstani children have to get treatment abroad now. Such operations cost some USD 100,000 in the U.S., USD 60,000-70, 000 in Europe. As of 2018 there are 66 children on the list of the Healthcare Ministry of Kazakhstan who need treatment abroad. 15 children were operated on in 2016-2018. AS of today there are 600 children with microtia in Kazakhstan.
- Almaty to build 5 new schools
- Earthquake reported 386km away from Almaty
- Almaty citizens urged to avoid public transport travels, flights as city prepares for 2nd wave of COVID-19
- Almaty’s chief medical officer warns upward trend in COVID-19 situation observed in October
- Interim head of Public Health Department of Almaty city appointed
- UNESCO Almaty and Qazaq Geography concluded memo
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis