Kazakh archeologists unearth new artifacts at ancient settlement site
KYZYLORDA. KAZINFORM Researchers have uncovered new facts in the territory of the ancient town of Kyshkala in Kyzylorda region. It is quite possible that it is Barshynkent, the home town of Gulbarshyn, the wife of Alpamys batyr, Kazinform reports.
As earlier reported, the archeological excavations in Kyshkala started under the program of the First President of Kazakhstan-Leader of the Nation, Nursultan Nazarbayev, The course towards the future: modernization of public conscience and his article The seven facets of the great steppe. The works are headed by famous archeologist Madiyar Yeleuov.
Valuable artifacts discovered at the Kyshkala site confirm the assumption that this locality may prove to be Barshynkent.
Besides, excavations carried out last year helped unearth there a temporary dwelling place looking like the ruler's horde.
- October 23. Kazinform's timeline of major events
- Kazakh President visits Zhoshy Khan historical museum
- Kimak khaganate burial mounds unearthed in Kazakhstan
- October 21. Kazinform's timeline of major events
- October 19. Kazinform's timeline of major events
- October 18. Kazinform's timeline of major events
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis