Kassym-Jomart Tokayev to take the oath of office as Acting President of Kazakhstan
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - The joint session of the Kazakh Parliament's chambers has kicked off in Astana, Kazinform reports.
During the session Speaker of the Senate Kassym-Jomart Tokayev will take the oath of office before assuming the power of Acting President of Kazakhstan.
Attending the session are the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Yelbasy Nursultan Nazarbayev, members of the Government, heads of government agencies, diplomats, MPs.
Earlier on March 19 the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev stepped down from his post.
Kassym-Jomart Tokayev was born on May 17, 1953 in Almaty city. He is a graduate of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations. Throughout his career Mr. Tokayev served as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Deputy Prime Minister, Secretary of State, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General for Political Affairs, Director-General of the UN Office in Geneva, and Speaker of the Senate of the Kazakh Parliament.
On October 16, 2013 he was elected as the Speaker of the Senate.
- Tokayev conveys condolences to India over plane crash
- Defense Minister reports to President on Concept of Kazakh Armed Forces development
- President briefed on Samruk-Kazyna activities in the fight against COVID-19
- President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has telephone conversation with President of Lebanon Michel Aoun
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev extends condolences to President of Lebanon
- Head of State receives Education Minister
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis