Italy holds moment of silence to remember its dead
ROME. KAZINFORM - Flags flew at half-mast across Italy Tuesday as a minute's silence was observed to mourn the victims of the coronavirus, express support for their families, and voice solidarity with health workers amid the emergency, ANSA reported.
The initiative, launched by Italian mayors, was shared by institutions, national and local bodies and businesses and news outlets including ANSA.
According to ANSA, the coronavirus death toll among Italian doctors rose to 66 as another three died on Tuesday.
Gaetana Trimarchi, a GP in Messina; Norman Jones, a cardiologist in Seregno near Como; and Roberto Mileti, a gynecologist in Rome, were the latest to die, the federation of doctors guilds FNOMCEO said.Over 11,500 people have died in Italy with COVID-19.
- 6,240 recover from coronavirus in Kazakhstan
- 51 coronavirus-infected patients recover in Atyrau region
- UN chief underlines need to protect refugees and migrants in COVID-19 pandemic
- Turkish Airlines to provide hygiene kits in its flights
- Kazakhstan reports 6,156 recoveries from coronavirus
- Russia’s coronavirus vaccine tested on monkeys, hamsters
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis