Iran coronavirus death toll tops 4,000
TEHRAN. KAZINFORM - Head of Iran's Health Ministry's Public Relations Office Kianoush Jahanpour said on Wednesday that 29,812 people out of a total of 67,286 infected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) have survived whereas 4,003 have succumbed to death, IRNA reports.
Jahanpour went on to say that 1,997 new affected cases have been detected since yesterday.
The Iranian official pointed out that 3,956 cases are in critical condition.
Iran has taken numerous steps to stop the spread of the disease, ranging from shutting down schools and universities to canceling cultural and religious gatherings. It is also constantly disinfecting and sanitizing public places.
- Kazakhstan adds over 360 COVID-19 recoveries
- Medical graduates to help fight COVID-19 in Kazakh capital
- COVID-19 survivor from Aktau first to donate plasma
- Kazakhstan to double bed capacity for COVID-19 patients
- Virus spread outside Seoul accelerates; local infection at 2-week high
- Kazakhstan to report COVID-19 deaths once a week
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis