How many ethnic Kazakhs reside abroad
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM – Over 5 million ethnic Kazakhs reside abroad, says press secretary of the World Kazakhs’ Association Syrymbek Toleuuly, Kazinform reports.
According to Toleuuly, different scientists and research centers provide different data. Some claim that some 7 million ethnic Kazakhs reside abroad, others name others figures.
«According to our data, several years ago the number of ethnic Kazakhs living abroad totaled some 5 million people. Today the number of ethnic Kazakhs living abroad has exceeded 5 million,» Toleuuly noted.
He also added that the official data states that the number of ethnic Kazakhs abroad had not reached the mark of 6 million.
«The majority of ethnic Kazakhs abroad reside in Uzbekistan, China, Russia, and Mongolia. They also live in Turkey and some European countries,» Toleuuly added.
On Thursday, the upper chamber of the Kazakh Parliament endorsed the law «On amendments to some legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the issues of regulation of migration processes».
- Kazakhstan adds over 360 COVID-19 recoveries
- Kazakhstan reports fall in industrial products’ prices
- AIFC should play pivotal role in recovery of Kazakhstan’s economic growth - Tokayev
- COVID-19 survivor from Aktau first to donate plasma
- Kazakhstan to double bed capacity for COVID-19 patients
- Kazakhstan to report COVID-19 deaths once a week
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis