Head of State holds meeting with World Bank Vice President for Europe and Central Asia
NUR-SULTAN. KAZINFORM - Kassym-Jomart Tokayev held a meeting with World Bank Vice President for Europe and Central Asia Anna Bjerde, who is in Kazakhstan on a working visit, Kazinform has learnt from the Akorda press service.
At the meeting held via video conference, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and Anna Bjerde discussed the current areas of cooperation between Kazakhstan and the World Bank and the priorities for further interaction.
Welcoming Anna Bjerde to Nur-Sultan, the President noted that this is her first visit to Kazakhstan and Central Asia as a whole.
«I would like once again point out that we really commend our partnership over the years, more than $6 billion have been invested by the World Bank. Currently, 12 projects in the areas of transport, education, environment, and finance sector are underway,» Kassym-Jomart Tokayev said.
The Head of State noted the World Bank’s involvement in solving a number of environmental issues in Kazakhstan, including the support and financing the second phase of the Northern Aral Sea and Syrdarya Control project worth $1.5 billion.
In this regard, President Tokayev stressed that he attaches great importance to solving environmental problems and is ready to be personally involved in cooperation in this area.
- Financial Monitoring Agency head reports to President on shadow economy fight
- Kassym-Jomart Tokayev receives President of LUKOIL Vagit Alekperov
- Head of State congratulates newly elected Prime Minister of Israel
- Kazakhstan ratifies amendments to EAEU Treaty
- President Tokayev receives U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation
- Over 1.6 thou people employed via new online recruiting platform Samruk Qyzmet in Kazakhstan
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis