Global COVID-19 cases, deaths reach plateau - WHO
GENEVA. KAZINFORM The number of COVID-19 cases and deaths has reached «an unacceptably high plateau», with more than 5.4 million confirmed COVID-19 cases and nearly 90,000 deaths last week, Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a briefing in Geneva on Monday.
«Globally, we are now seeing a plateauing in the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths, with declines in most regions including the Americas and Europe, the two worst-affected regions,» he said. «But it’s an unacceptably high plateau, with more than 5.4 million reported COVID-19 cases and almost 90,000 deaths last week,»TASS reports.
- Over 900 mln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China
- Over 2.38B coronavirus vaccine shots given worldwide
- Above 267,000 vaccinated against COVID-19 in Almaty region
- 1,005 get COVID-19 vaccine in Atyrau region in last 24 hours
- Less than 1,000 treated for COVID-19 in Almaty city
- Japan eyes vaccinating people under 65 at state centers from Thursday
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis