Global coronavirus cases exceed 5M
ANKARA. KAZINFORM - The global tally of coronavirus infections surpassed 5 million Thursday, according to a running tally by US-based Johns Hopkins University. Kazinform has learnt from Anadolu Agency.
The university's data showed worldwide deaths reached 328,172 while the number of people who recovered stands at 1,899,350.
The US is the hardest-hit country by the pandemic with over 1.5 million confirmed cases and over 93,400 fatalities.
The UK has the second-highest death toll with 35,786, followed closely by Italy with 32,330.
China, ground zero of the virus, has registered more than 84,000 cases and 79,310 recoveries. The country's death toll stands at 4,638.
The barely changing figures continue to raise questions in and outside China.
Overall, the virus has spread to 188 countries since it first emerged in China in December.
Despite the rising number of cases, most who contract the virus suffer mild symptoms before making a recovery.
- 66 more Kazakhstanis beat coronavirus in Kazakhstan, total at 4,893
- Iran opens borders with Iraq, Turkey closed due to coronavirus epidemic
- Italy still a virus hotspot says Vienna
- India sends drones to track desert locust plague
- Russia’s future space observatory to be able to search for other civilizations — Roscosmos
- S. Korea to enhance quarantine measures in greater Seoul area amid spiking cases
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis