Frida Kahlo's 'Lady in White' reaches $5.8 million at New York auction
NEW YORK. KAZINFORM- Mexican artist Frida Kahlo's «Portrait of a Lady in White» on Wednesday fetched the highest price of $5.8 million at an auction of Latin American art at Christie's in New York, United States.
During the two-day auction, which concludes Thursday, another of Kahlo's works, «The Flower Basket» (1941), fetched the second-highest price of $3.1 million.
- ANSA: New COVID-19 cases up again at 402
- Moon declares 7 flood-battered parts of S. Korea as special disaster zones
- Number of deaths from COVID-19 down 7% in a week
- Centuries-old cliff inscriptions discovered in north China’s Inner Mongolia
- ‘Immediate UN humanitarian assistance’ mobilized in force, to support Beirut after deadly blast
- Tokyo reports 462 coronavirus cases, just short of daily record
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis