Ex-Kostanay mayor detained on corruption charges
KOSTANAY. KAZINFORM - Former akim (mayor) of Kostanay city Akhmedbek Akhmetzhanov was detained on Tuesday (September 8) on suspicion of abuse of power and corruption.
The Kostanay regional agency for fight against corruption has confirmed the fact of his detention today. Akhmetzhanov was taken into custody right at the agency's office.
The agency also detained two Kostanay businessmen Leonid Vassilyev and Sergey Biktibayev. According to a source at the agency, Vassilyev and Biktibayev are suspected of bribing the former mayor.
It bears to remind that Akhmedbek Akhmetzhanov tendered his resignation as the mayor of Kostanay city earlier on Tuesday.
- Elbasy met with chairman of Anti-Corruption Agency
- Kazakh President met with Kostanay region farmers
- Head of State visits Milkh enterprise in Kostanay rgn
- President Tokayev on working trip to Kostanay region
- Presidential Anti-corruption Commission meeting held via videoconference
- Tokayev briefed on outcomes of Anti-Corruption Agency’s work
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis