EU’s laptop imports hit all-time high
ISTANBUL. KAZINFORM The European Union's laptop imports reached all-time high in April due to work or study from home amid the coronavirus pandemic, the 27-member bloc's statistical department announced on Friday.
People also rely on virtual meetings and video talks with their friends and families during the period, Eurostat said, Anadolu Agency reports.
The EU's laptop imports were around €2.9 billion ($3.4 billion) in April (up 43.66% year-on-year) and almost €16 billion during the first seven months of this year, increasing 33.75% on yearly basis, according to Eurostat data.
The highest amount of laptop imports were recorded in the Netherlands, Germany and Czechia in April and in the first seven months of 2020.
China is the main source for the EU's laptop imports, by providing 90% of all laptop imports in 2019 and 2020.
The EU's laptop imports from China increased by 19% to reach €14.4 billion in the first-seven month period.
- Russia sees new high of over 25,400 daily coronavirus cases
- Global COVID-19 cases surpass 60 million
- ANSA: Covid: 25,853 cases in 24 hrs, 722 dead
- Germany records highest daily COVID-19 deaths as lockdown extension looms
- Football legend Diego Maradona dies
- Minister: Iran to buy 42 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis