EU population passes 513M
ANKARA. KAZINFORM The population of the European Union stood at 513.5 million as of Jan. 1, 2019, the bloc's statistical office said on Wednesday.
The EU population increased 1.1 million year-on-year, compared to 512.4 million as of Jan. 1, 2018, Eurostat said in a statement, Anadolu Agency reports.
During 2018, more deaths than births were recorded in the EU'S 28 member states, 5.3 million deaths to 5 million births.
"The natural change of the EU population was negative for a second consecutive year. The population change (positive, with 1.1 million more inhabitants) was therefore due to net migration," it stressed.
In another statement also released by Eurostat on Wednesday said that the EU's population will decrease by almost 4%, or 20 million people, between Jan. 1, 2018 and Jan. 1, 2100.
"Following years of steady increase, the EU's population is projected to peak at 525 million persons in 2044, and then to progressively fall," the statement added.
- Russia records over 67,800 COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours — crisis center
- Japan to subsidize oil wholesalers for 1st time to curb fuel price
- COVID: 77,696 new cases, 352 more victims, ANSA
- WHO hopeful pandemic's emergency phase ends in 2022
- Turkey’s COVID-19 vaccine to be administered as 3rd dose
- Venezuela sees record daily count of COVID-19 cases
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis