EU-Arab League Summit to start in Egypt
ASTANA. KAZINFORM - The President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, will, alongside the President of the European Council, Donald Tusk, represent the European Union at the 1st EU-League of Arab States (LAS) Summit on Sunday 24 and Monday 25 February in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, the European Commission's press office informs.
The Presidents will be joined by High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President of the Commission Federica Mogherini and Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn.
The Summit provides an opportunity for Leaders to address a wide range of issues and common challenges, such as investment, economic ties, climate change, security as well as current political developments.
Europeans and Arabs have a long and rich history of cultural, economic, commercial and political exchanges. A common past, geographical proximity and interdependence have contributed to strengthening cooperation between the EU and the League of Arab States. Working together will also further enhance the multilateral, rules-based global order.
- COVID-19: Death toll in Brazil reaches 23,400
- Group of endangered trees found in southwest China
- Coronavirus: 300 new cases in Italy, deaths up 92
- WHO temporarily pauses hydroxychloroquine study due to safety concerns
- Trust in doctors high in Italy – survey
- Number of COVID-19 cases across globe up by over 100,000 in past day – WHO
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis