Environmental campaign: 328 tonnes of garbage collected in Semey
SEMEY. KAZINFORM More than 13,000 residents of Semey city joined the Birgе-Taza Qazaqstan environmental campaign on Saturday to clean up the left bank of the Ishim River and Beibitshilik island, the city information centre reports.
As a result, 328 tonnes of garbage were collected.
The campaign brought together representatives of local enterprises and organizations, civil servants, youth NGOs.
The environmental clean-up will be held every Saturday till the close of October. It is open to all those willing.
- 3-year-old girl taken to hospital after falling 2nd floor window
- E Kazakhstan rgn hospitals to resume planned treatment from Aug 17
- Ecology Minister calls for holding animal abusers criminally accountable
- President expresses condolences over Saltanat Rakhimbekova’s passing
- Website for hosting environmental information may appear in Kazakhstan
- Kazakhstan may declare 2021 the Year of Ecology
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis