Egypt’s former president Mubarak dies at 91
CAIRO. KAZINFORM - Egyptian former President Hosni Mubarak has died at the age of 91 after suffering a long illness, state-run Nile TV reported on Tuesday, Xinhua reports.
Hosni Mubarak had served as Egyptian president for nearly 30 years until he resigned as a result of mass protests that erupted in the country in 2011.
He was jailed for years after the uprising on charges of corruption and killing protesters, but was freed in 2017 after being acquitted of most charges.
- France: Death toll from COVID-19 hits 8,078
- 5.57 mln Hubei people return to work
- Tiger in New York zoo tests positive for COVID-19
- Japan PM Abe to declare state of emergency amid surge in virus infections
- India's homes go blackout to mark fight against COVID-19
- UK premier admitted to hospital as 'precautionary step'
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis