Dutch tourist falls to death taking selfie at Charyn canyon
ALMATY. KAZINFORM - A man plunged to his death after attempting to take a selfie at a popular Almaty tourist site, Kazinform correspondent reports.
The incident took place on September 18 on the territory of Charyn canyon in Almaty region.
According to the regional Emergency Department, a 74-year-old tourist from Holland was taking selfie when he fell 10-meters down onto rocks at Charyn canyon. The man came to the site as part of a tourist group. It was informed that the group was heading to Kolsay Lakes.
- Almaty channels KZT 22.9 bln to fight COVID-19
- Death toll from flooding in Sudan climbs to 124
- ResiliArt Debate: concert and cultural-event industry of CA during quarantine. Lessons learned
- 6,000 tons of waste collected on World Cleanup Day in Kazakhstan
- Quake shatters 407 km away from Almaty
- New deputy mayor of Almaty city named
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis