Dubai Police recover stolen jewellery worth AED20 million
DUBAI. KAZINFORM In less than 48 hours, the Dubai Police recently apprehended a gang for stealing AED20 million worth of jewellery from the residence of a European investor.
«Just 48 hours after receiving the emergency call, the gang members were arrested, and the jewellery was recovered though no evidence was left behind,» Major General Khalil Ibrahim Al Mansouri, Assistant Commander-in-Chief for Criminal Investigation Affairs, said, WAM reports.
«It was a great effort by our officers,» he added, praising the General Department of Criminal Investigation's team for identifying the suspects in record time despite the lack of evidence in the crime scene.
All the gangsters are carrying Asian passports and they had remained in hiding, preparing for fleeing the country before the police arrested them.
According to Brigadier Jamal Salem Al Jallaf, Director of the General Department of Criminal Investigation at Dubai Police, negligence is the main reason behind this crime, given that the victim did not secure his residence against thefts. Al Jallaf indicated that, despite all direct and indirect awareness campaigns on how to secure valuables, and on the necessary precautions that must be taken to secure houses, some people still ignore this, thus exposing themselves and their possessions to risk.
- Russian university says clinical trials of COVID-19 vaccine completed
- Brazil's COVID-19 death toll tops 72,000
- New virus cases rebound in S.Korea; imported cases, cluster infections on steady rise
- 5.1-magnitude quake hits north China, no casualties reported
- 17 injured in China plant explosion
- S. Korea reports 35 new virus cases, number down for 4th straight day
- Speeches of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- President's Address to the Nation
- Development of the President's Message
- Foreign Mass Media about Kazakhstan
- World and Crisis